Since I have had the Chuwi HiBook for several weeks now and I love the damned thing, I figure a review was in order! It has some minor drawbacks, but overall it is a damned nice product for the money!
First the stuff I like:
- I like Windows 10! (mostly because I can run a Linux Virtual Machine on it)
- Plenty of speed, the processor doesn’t seem to have many issues at all, even when running a VM and using Windows programs.
- The display is very bright and sharp and the associated graphics processor does well with games!
- It is a dual boot so Android apps are always available to me!
Now the stuff I don’t like:
- It does use quite a bit of battery very quickly in Windows 10, although not bad at all in Android. However it will still suffice for about 7 hrs of basic work in Win 10.
- It could use a full size USB port, but that is rather nit-picking, but the Dragon Touch X10 spoiled me.
- Since Windows 10 seems to take over the microSD card, they could have left another 5 gb free for Android.
So those are my perceptions after using it for roughly 12 days. Some other points here, it works fantastic with my K480 Bluetooth Keyboard and also with a wireless Logitech mouse, no matter if I use the micro-USB or USB C port (both used with an adapter). One last nit pick, the back cover of the Chuwi is slicker than owl-poopy, it would be nice to have a textured finish it on.
Overall I am rating this a 5 out of 5 on my personal scale. However, if I were you, the reader, I would seriously consider getting the HiBook Pro which is the same basic tablet, with a better display and a huge battery. I paid $188 for this one on Amazon, but I have seen the HiBook Pro for not a whole lot more on Gearbest.Com.
Please note: all opinions expressed in this review are mine and in no way should they be construed as an endorsement nor condemnation of any product. I always suggest folks check multiple sources before purchasing anything.
Follow Tim on Twitter @tl1000rzx2
Or check out my other Tablet Site: THE Tablet Test Server
Or you could get your own free WordPress site for free right now, here.