Since I have had my hands on this tablet for a good deal of time, I thought I should write a review and include one of my crappy videos shot on the BLU Studio Energy 2 phone, which incidentally is on day 3 of a charge and still has 28% battery.
So the new tablet has performed as expected and works extremely well in Windows 10, although the Android portion is just so-so. It has a lot of positives and a few negatives and I shall now list those below.
- Stunning display, incredibly bright! Sharp and can be run comfortably at 25% unless in bright lighting.
- Battery life is stellar. I never bring a charger with me to work and get through an entire day of web editing, image editing, using Office and Paintshop Pro and I go home at no less than 48% battery!
- Speed is good, apps open quickly and running multiple apps is not an issue.
- Works perfectly with my K480 Keyboard and is essentially a 12 inch notebook when used this way.
Now on to the negatives:
- When the screen falls asleep it can be a pain to wake it up. It can take 2-3 seconds to respond to a mouse click or to pressing the Windows button.
- I have been unable to increase the RAM speed to 1600 MHz as this may require a BIOS update which I have yet to find.
- The Touch screen does not allow me to choose an operating system on boot-up, although I can switch to Android or back once booted in.
- The Chuwi Forum is a horrible place to find info on this device. The downloads/tutorials are almost indecipherable and just joining the forum took me over a month to get a link to verify my email address.
However, considering the $235 price tag, I would still recommend this tablet to anyone looking for long battery life and a great display. Sorry, you won’t see any game testing results here because I sort of outgrew those when I became an adult.
Below you will find the usual crappy video…enjoy!
Last but not least this post was written on the Chuwi Hi12 running a VM perfectly in Linux, just thought I would point that out.
That is all for now,
This site currently runs on either a Chuwi HiBook tablet or occasionally my Chuwi Hi12 tablet. Check the About page for details. Registration without participation will result in termination.
Source:: THE Tablet Test Server
Follow Tim on Twitter @tl1000rzx2
Or check out my other Tablet Site: THE Tablet Test Server
Or you could get your own free WordPress site for free right now, here.
Chuwi Hi12 Tablet$335
- Display is stunning
- Battery Life is awesome
- Overall performance is great
- Makes a great little notebook!
- Screen tends to time out and not wake up
- Can't increase the memory speed to the full 1600MHz
- The support forum at Chuwi stinks
- Needs a bios update