As folks may have noticed I am really looking into getting another notebook. I have covered quite a few of them on here in recent posts and videos. However I am sort of beginning to narrow my list down.
Price is of course a big concern, but so is RAM and a decent display. I am currently leaning towards a 13.3 or 14.1 inch notebook and my minimums are not all that restrictive since quite a few have made my “A” list.
My minimum specs are as follows:
- 13.3 inch or larger Full HD 1080p display
- An Intel Celeron N3450 processor
- 6 GB RAM
- SSD storage availability is a must
- Good battery life is a must
- Dual Band Wireless 802.11b/g/n/ac
- Plenty of ports for a mouse/microSD and HDMI out
Those specs have eliminated a few devices from my list already such as the Chuwi LapBook 12.3. There simply is no point in getting a 12.3 inch notebook when the Hi12 is a mere 3 tenths of an inch smaller and has a great display and works well as a notebook when used with my Logitech K480 Bluetooth keyboard.
I have also eliminated the Chuwi SurBook 2 in 1 device because it isn’t any bigger than the LapBook 12.3 and is does not have SSD expansion capabilities.
That of course has me down to the following notebooks:
- The Chuwi LapBook 14.1, which meets almost all the requirements and is dirt cheap. It does lack the 6 GB RAM but 4 GB is probably more than I really need. I did a comparison post between this one and the LapBook 12.3 a few weeks back.
- The Jumper EZBook 3 Pro which is priced very reasonably and has the 6 GB RAM. It has all the requirements I listed above and has done well in reviews!
- Last on my current list is the new Chuwi LapBook Air which has some killer specs with the 8 GB RAM and a fully laminated screen. However this one is only a want until I see some reviews on it. At this point we don’t know how it actually performs when it comes to the display and battery life.
Now by no means are the notebooks that I eliminated not good they are both great, but for me they just don’t fit into what I need for work and they simply are not big enough to justify me spending the money on.
So that is the current list and where I am at right now, unless some kind soul would like to donate a small bundle of cash so I can get a few into my hands for serious testing. Or if folks actually clicked the ads and links here and bought a few of these items, that would help tremendously.
That is all I have for now. As usual this post was written on the Hi12 while the HiBook is the server today.
This site currently runs on either a Chuwi HiBook tablet or occasionally my Chuwi Hi12 tablet. Check the About page for details. Registration without participation will result in termination.
Source:: THE Tablet Test Server
Follow Tim on Twitter @tl1000rzx2
Or check out my other Tablet Site: THE Tablet Test Server
Or you could get your own free WordPress site for free right now, here.